Expand your capacity to offer skillful, inspired and transformative vinyasa yoga classes.
My first introduction to yoga was through vinyasa, and it is the power and fluidity of this practice that led me to fall in love with yoga. I have taught vinyasa yoga for over 15 years and it continues to inspire me because of the fact that it offers me so much creative range to work with. Teaching vinyasa yoga can be a lot of fun. It can also be very challenging. It is particularly challenging to teach in the mixed-level drop-in style yoga environment that is today’s norm.
I created the Fire & Flow: Vinyasa Teaching Intensive to support yoga teachers who love vinyasa yoga in learning some of the tools and techniques that can make it easier for them to create powerful and intelligent vinyasa yoga classes for their students. This is a five day teaching intensive and is open to any teachers who have a minimum of 200 hours of previous yoga teacher training.
Topics of Study
- defining vinyasa and expanding our definition of flow
- identifying the core components of vinyasa yoga
- techniques for teaching vinyasa yoga to beginner students
- creative vinyasa sequencing for beginner to advanced students
- how to safely teach advanced postures within a flow class
- working with mixed levels
- using language effectively or the art of cueing
- how to weave inspirational themes into your classes
- techniques & strategies for public classes & workshops
- tools for determining your individual vinyasa style